Sunday 24 June 2012

Let's make a chain ring

This morning I was browsing through my Tumblr dashboard and I came across this photo which instantly inspired me.


I really like both rings but the one on the middle finger is the simplest thing to make at home. It takes about five minutes to create!

You'll need

- chain
- craft pliers (Optional. You don't need them if you can use your fingers/nails and maybe your teeth)
- a jump ring


Take the chain and wrap it around your finger to measure it, then cut it where needed.


Now you need the jump ring, open it a little bit and put the ends together, then close it with the pliers or with your nails (then press it with your teeth if needed)

Voila! You're ready to wear your new ring! :)



Of course you can use different colours, and the tinier the chain, the more girlish the ring.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! :)

xo

5 comments:

  1. This looks really cute!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea, I love DIY accessories!
    - Keyta x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful idea and I am definitely trying this out! Thank you so much for sharing!
    -xx
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you liked it! I hope you'll enjoy wearing your ring just like I do! :)

      Delete